Monday, April 19, 2010

Picnic

The kids rode their bikes to the park today for a picnic...which isn't hard to do seeing as how the park is five steps away from the garage. But still-a nice little bike ride for toddlers. :)
(See our house in the background? Its the tan and brick one on the left.)
We rode to, what my children refer to as, "The Red Thing" to eat our lunch.
I grabbed our seldom used picnic basket that has plates and plastic goblets, utensils, salt and pepper shakers, and even a cheese cutting board, and a cork screw for wine. It's a fun little kit-but we will never use half of the stuff in it. lol. Anyway, the girls loved the goblets, and enjoyed a nice "spread" of pb&j sandwiches, sliced apples, cucumbers, and carrot sticks. They really thought they were living the high life! :)
Afterward they gathered pine cones.

Then they rode around the park for awhile on their bikes, until I made them head home for nap time. It was a fun, lazy picnic...just how I like it. :)

4 comments:

oureternalfamily said...

so cute! They look like they had a blast and there is nothing better than a lazy picnic! :D

Tom and Juli said...

Oh how fun! I can't wait until my kids can ride bikes to the park... then I won't have to push them in the double stroller.

Leslie said...

FUN!! And now I want cucumbers.

Leslie said...

Oh. . .and I just updated the birdy blog post with their names. . . in case you're up all night wondering what the names could possibly be. :)