Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I loved Easter this year. I have always loved Easters, but this year seemed especially wonderful. I don't know if it was because my kids are older, or if I just forgot how great it was from last year. But maybe it has something to do with the wonderful Spirit of Conference! I wish Conference could land on Easter every year. Talk about a double whammy of the Spirit in our home!! :)
I really wanted to do something special this year to make Jesus a part of Easter-since he SHOULD be anyway. It's hard when you have toddlers, and all they care about are toys and candy and the Easter Bunny. My mom, Doreen, e-mailed me a really great idea that her daughter in law did for a primary class. I decided to make this the tradition for our family.
You make a tomb for Jesus, and on Friday night you put Jesus in the tomb. On Saturday you place the guards at the tomb. Sunday you take Jesus out of the tomb. (A great way to teach toddlers about the resurrection!) And Sunday night you set Mary and Jesus at the tomb together. There are scriptures to go with each activity.
For complete instructions and all of the down loadable visual aids
Click HERE
We had a wonderful, spiritual, relaxing Easter! I hope you did too!
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

oureternalfamily said...

they are too cute! Maggs looks so good in purple! :)

Tom and Juli said...

what a cute idea! I love it! As always, your girls as SO dang cute!