Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tessa's First Talk

Tessa gave her first talk in Primary on the 31st of January. She did a wonderful job! She colored a picture of Jesus with a child, and we glued her talk onto the back of it, so she could hold up the picture. She was kind of shy and silly when it was her turn to give her talk. She said a few words into the microphone and then duct down to hide behind the stand laughing. I coaxed her back up but she didn't want to say any more. So I started reading the words, and soon she started repeating what I said. She did very good for a first timer!! :) When she was all done she got down, turned to me, clapped her hand and started jumping up and down yelling "I did it! I did it!!" It was pretty cute.

Here are the words to her talk. I wrote them for her.

I know that Jesus loves me
He is my Savior dear
When I think about him
I feel that he is near

The Savior made this whole wide world
From sea to stars above
He made the flowers and the trees
To show us of his love

Jesus suffered everything
He bled from every pore
So we could be with Heavenly Father
And live with him once more

Jesus loves the children
And I know he loves me too
He is my elder brother
I'll love him my whole life through

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Good job Tessa!

Kami said...

Love the talk. You did a good job on writing it. :) Oh cute that she said, "I did it". Way to go Tessa!