Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grandpa

My grandpa is probably dying. His wife, my grandma, died about 5 months ago at the end of September. Grandpa will be 93 this Saturday on Feb. 27th.
He has been fairly healthy, but has been slowly going down hill since Grandma died. He has had a strange lump on his arm, and today it started bleeding and the nurses couldn't get it to stop, so he was taken to the hospital. They think the lump could be cancer related, but aren't sure. He isn't doing good, and they said he could go any time. They don't give him longer than a month to live. I wish I could get down there to see him like I did for my grandma before she passed away. If he does good for a little while they are going to move him from the assisted living center to the nursing center. It's all in the same building, but in a different unit.
I love my Grandpa. He is JUST like my dad. He was always kind of strict, but always telling jokes and "flirting" with the girls. :) If you know how my dad is, then you know my grandpa. He tells the greatest stories, and my favorites are the true ones about his life. I hate to see him go, but I know he misses Grandma. He will be so happy to be with her again!

No comments: