Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jackson Trip


We went to Jackson with my brother and sister in law, and their family. It was Sally's birthday trip-and I invited myself to come along! lol. Just kidding-kinda. :) Our hotel was very cute. It had all kinds of wild life running all over the place! There were even bears peeking in the windows! The kids loved it!
We got there Friday evening and went swimming. The pool was pretty cold, so none of us would get in it! We mostly hung out in the hot tub! I did get into the pool after a lot of coaxing and whining another night. My nieces were very brave, and coaxed me in. But it was a lot of fun!!


Saturday morning all decided to go on a sleigh ride out to the elk refuge. We had to be bused from the visitor's center. Here we are at the visitor's center enjoying the views!
They had really amazing animal displays.
Here is Tessa on her first bus ride! She loves buses. We live by the elementary school, and she loves to watch the buses, and has always wanted to ride one! So this was her chance!! She giggled over every bump!
Here we are on the sleigh ride. It was very fun!
We rode out to a herd of elk on the refuge. They made sure we knew that the elk were not fenced in, and that they are wild elk, that can come and go as they please. They migrate here every year to get food through the hard winters.
Matthew and Sally on the sleigh ride!
Lots of elk!
Here we are headed back. That isn't actually OUR sleigh. That is the one behind us. We couldn't get out of our sleighs on the ride or the elk would take off, and not come back. They said if we dropped anything we would have to leave it. (I wonder what would have happened if a kid fell out....would we have to leave them too?)
Afterward we got to meet the horses.
Then the grown-ups (and Emma!! :) ) went out for Sushi! YUM!! It was so good. I know a great sushi place if you are ever going to be in Jackson WY!

We went for a drive and saw big horn sheep...
...and a coyote.

Later on Saturday the girls went snow shoeing. It was SO FUN! I never knew that I LOVE to snow shoe. It was so pretty!
Here we are, Barb (Sally's sister) took the picture.
Left to right:Me, my niece Sydnee, Sally my SIL, Leann-a friend, and my niece Hannah.
Here is a Sally running! Go Sally!!
I took a little detour and climbed over a hill. It was so pretty! Look at the those views!!
And I had to take a pic. of myself because there was no one around to take it for me! haha!

Here are Sydnee and Hannah headed back!
That night Tessa fell asleep in 2.2 seconds flat. (Maybe a slight exaggeration!)
Sunday we visited the Discovery Center.

Tessa isn't really picking my teeth for me. She is standing about a foot away. :)
And here are the Grand Teton Mt's.

Sunday afternoon, Me, and Sally and Barb went snow shoeing again. We went to a different spot and went a lot further, but it was SO pretty! I could do that all day!! -except for the huge blister I got on my heal. :(
Above: The two awesome-est snow shoe-ers on the planet!! Whoo!
And Barb and Sally...Barb is the awesomest too. She knows everything about plants and wildlife and she told us all about everything we were seeing. I liked the "old man's beard" the best...the green furry stuff that was all over the trees. I guess it's a fungus that kills the trees, but it was kind of pretty too!! I should have taken a picture of it.
***Award for funniest moment***
Barb fell down. So me and Sally started taking pictures of her. As Sally was taking pics she fell down too. (see the camera in her hand) It was funny. We were laughing so hard!
And it was SO beautiful!!
We were gone over Valentine's day, so the girl's got Valentines in the Hotel room. They ate WAY too much candy, and they are playing with the Mermaid, and Snow white dolls STILL-at this very moment whilst I blog. :)
It was a super fun trip! I am glad I invited myself! haha! I hope we can go back again soon. I would like to see it in the summer, when all of the play houses are open! I have been there before, but not as an adult. It was a lot of fun. I would recommend it! :)

4 comments:

Jennilyn Proulx said...

How fun and how pretty! Makes me wish I still had a home in Star Valley!

Leslie said...

That looks like so much FUN!!! LUCKY! (said like Napoleon Dynamite)

Mel & Annette said...

I'm sure glad that you invited yourselves. Looks like a great time.

Sally said...

I'm glad you guys came along with us! I so loved that trip. Thanks for celebrating with us.