Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grandpa's 93rd Birthday


I made it down to see my grandpa for his 93rd birthday. He is in the hospital, and hasn't been doing too well. A few days ago we didn't know if he would even make it to his birthday! But he is doing pretty good for the time being. He really enjoyed having the family there, and perked right up during his hospital room party. He had been really tired and achy, but he really seemed to enjoy the family.

The first video is of us all singing Happy Birthday to him in the hospital. (And also to my Uncle Ken who shares a birthday with Grandpa.) The second video I just wanted to get a shot of the room. It was PACKED with family. -How very wonderful!! :)
Grandpa with his son and 3 grand kids (my dad, Garrett, me and Shawn)

This is Grandpa with 6 of his 8 children.

Here are some of the girl cousins that made it.

I am so glad I could get down there to see him. It might just be the last time I got to see him alive. It was SO good to see him.

1 comment:

Mel & Annette said...

So Sorry Necha. But this is really a happy time too. 93. What a great achievement. Love you tons and forever!