Let me just say here and now-that I am NOT an artist. I never have been, never will be. :) My mom painted all of the hard parts of my paintings when I was a kid-just like she did to everyone else's that she taught art to! HA HA! (It's so true!) I started this post just thinking I would post ONE picture, but you know me...I have to post like 90 pictures.
My Sister in Law, Sally, asked me to paint a poster of a cub scout for her. So I did. When I got ALL done, I looked at it from further away, and started laughing. The poor kid was given much too short of arms. *sheesh!* I giggled at him, but it was too late to fix it. So he is left to his existence with arms that won't even reach into his pant pockets. I texted a picture of it to Josh, showing him the short arms. He texted back "His arms aren't too short. He is just sagging his pants like all the kids do these days." HA HA HA. Well however you want to see it I guess. Thank you to a sweet husband who will stick up for his wife's paintings no matter how they turn out! :)
The cub scout painting is at the bottom of this post. But first, I HAD to show some of my art work from when I was in elementary and middle school to make myself feel better. :)
My Sister in Law, Sally, asked me to paint a poster of a cub scout for her. So I did. When I got ALL done, I looked at it from further away, and started laughing. The poor kid was given much too short of arms. *sheesh!* I giggled at him, but it was too late to fix it. So he is left to his existence with arms that won't even reach into his pant pockets. I texted a picture of it to Josh, showing him the short arms. He texted back "His arms aren't too short. He is just sagging his pants like all the kids do these days." HA HA HA. Well however you want to see it I guess. Thank you to a sweet husband who will stick up for his wife's paintings no matter how they turn out! :)
The cub scout painting is at the bottom of this post. But first, I HAD to show some of my art work from when I was in elementary and middle school to make myself feel better. :)







I do enjoy painting, and I am proud of my artwork even though it's really not that good these days. I DID used to be better than I am now. I had a little talent, and look...I lost it because I never used it. Let that be a lesson to you all! :)
Enjoy...don't laugh TOO hard at my cub scout. You will make him cry. It's not his fault he was created differently...
Enjoy...don't laugh TOO hard at my cub scout. You will make him cry. It's not his fault he was created differently...

8 comments:
lol!!!
Ohhhh Necha - please get back into painting because I LOVE your work! I would totally buy the birch tree one & the farmer couple one.
Oh!! I like 'em!! The cub scout just looks like a cartoon! I think it's cute. I love your stuff. Why'd you stop?? I agree with sariqd -- get back into painting!!
You ARE good! Keep it up!
Looks good to me! Better than anything I could have done! I think it's very cute!
I think he's really cute like all little cub scouts!! Great job!
I LOVE it! I love the birch tree one! You've got to start painting again, because you have talent!!
I love your art work! You're great and the boy scout looks great! :)
Thank you, thank you for the cub scout! You did a GREAT job! He was a hit at the banquet. It was our favorite game! A funny... one of the cub scouts was standing next to the poster and a blindfolded pin-the-badge-on-the-cub scout player ran up and tried to pin the REAL scout! Ouch! he was a good sport about it.
Post a Comment