Yesterday, the day after the bombings I wore my race shirt. I also, along with thousands of other runners, am dedicating my next 26.2 miles to Boston-for the ones who's 26.2 miles might have been their last, and for those who didn't get to finish.
I try not to get too deep into my feelings on this blog, but I was holding back tears all Monday, once I heard the news. It was personal to me. I haven't been a runner for long, but I 100% consider myself a runner now. I have mentioned to Josh that I would love to qualify for Boston some day. That could have been my family killed and injured watching ME cross the finish line.
My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by this. I could choose to be afraid to go out in public with the things that are happening in our country, but I refuse to live in fear. I watched the raw footage of the race, and the explosions going off, and the thing that struck me was all of the GOOD. People came from every direction to help. American Soldiers helped break down the barriers so they could get in to help the victims. There is good in this world. Lots of it. There are more good people than bad. It doesn't matter what anyone's political opinions are, race, religion, etc. Most people are good, and would help those who needed help.
So on that note, I signed up for my first 10K as well yesterday. I am not going to stop running. I might even run just a little harder.

No comments:
Post a Comment