For
Spring Break this year we decided to go down to St. George Utah to
visit some family and see the sites. I have a lot of family in the area,
and even though I hadn't been back in 10 years, it feels like a 2nd
home there. It's quite the drive for the girls, but it was well worth
it. As you can see they got a good long nap in.
The first night we got there we went with my Aunt Jolene (who we were staying with) to walk the temple grounds. I really wanted the girls to see the temple. Growing up, and still today, this was my favorite temple. To me, it is the most beautiful building I have ever seen. And next to all of that red Southern Utah dirt, it is the whitest white. I love the steps out in front, and the palm trees, and the rose bushes. I love that it's old, and that it was literally built by hand.When I was a kid, coming down to visit my grandparents a couple times a year, I would walk from their house to the temple every day. They only live a couple blocks away. I would walk around the grounds and just "aww" at the temple. So I wanted to share that with my kids.
My Aunt Jolene is my dad's twin sister, and we also named Tessa after her. She is an amazing person. She also lives a couple blocks away from the temple. She came with us to show the girls, and we went through the visitor's center with her.



No comments:
Post a Comment