Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break Part 3-Grandpa


 This is just a picture of the girls dancing as we drove around. They are pretty crazy!
 Wednesday afternoon we went to visit my grandpa. I will admit that I was a little nervous about seeing him. Everyone kept telling me he is grumpy, and doesn't like kids around. But I was determined to see him and have my kids meet him, and I was pleasantly surprised! He was so happy to see us, and chipper as can be! He was excited to share his new hobby of collecting, and polishing rocks with us. He had the girl work on some rock art (as seen below.) I think he showed us every rock in that place as though he knew and cared about each one individually.
 Then he took us in the back and showed us his rock collections and how he cuts and polishes them

Grandpa teased the girls and made them laugh. He tickled their ears with a stick while they weren't looking to make them think bugs were on them. They figured it out pretty quick and thought he was really funny.
The girls and Grandpa
We had a great time. He sent us away with a bag of pine nuts he had picked himself (One of his other hobbies.) and he followed us out and knocked some pecans out of the tree to send with us as well. He hugged me 5 times before we left. It was just really great to see him. He was a joy!

No comments: