Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Seed Recipes

My sister in law Sally gave me the BEST pumpkin seed recipe a few years ago. But this year it is packed away in storage. She can't find it either, so we are not making them this year. I didn't want to make plain old pumpkin seeds, so I looked online for recipes. I tried three of them, and thought I would share my adventures in Pumpkin Seed Making. There are no measurements...sorry. I just eye balled it.
Italian Style Pumpkin Seeds: Olive oil, Italian Seasoning, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Salt and Pepper.
Buffalo Wing Pumpkin Seeds: Tabasco Sauce, salt.
Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Seeds: Melted Butter, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, a Pinch of Nutmeg.

For all three recipes, mix all ingredients together in a bowl with your pumpkin seeds. Spread over a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 20 min. or until golden, stirring occasionally. Let cool before eating.
(I boiled the pumpkin seeds in salt water and laid them on paper towel to dry over night to prepare them for the recipes.)

The Verdict:
I liked all three pumpkin seed recipes. The Buffalo Wing seeds had a hot after taste, but they were still good. I LOVED the Italian Style seeds, and the Pumpkin Pie was good too. Overall-they still tasted like pumpkin seeds with a slight flavoring. They were worth making over the plain salt flavored pumpkin seeds. :)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yummy! I LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds. They're my favorite treat. I've never tried anything but just the plain salt recipe. I'll need to try these. Thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

thanks Necha i'll try them for sure!

Pat and Emily said...

I have the recipe of Sally's