Thursday, April 7, 2011

Just some catching up...


First I want to say that my computer is on the fritz. It's 6 years old, which is pretty much an antique these days. It's running really slow, and it takes me about two hours to post something. So don't be surprised if I am not around, until we get a new one. The weather was kind of warm for a little while! It felt like spring may actually be on it's way! And when I say warm I mean-in the 30's. We took advantage of the sunshine one Saturday and took a walk.
Tessa has finally decided she loves helping me with the dishes. I am going to keep reminding her of this as she gets older. (Should I tell her that we have a dish washer?)
My brother Joseph is...an interesting young lad. Ok, so he really is a great (and normal) guy. He was just trying to make his older brothers jealous. He's available Ladies and the Prophet told him to get married in conference so I'm sure he's interested!
Remember THIS post. Well Maggie finally ate her meat! -Not really. She is still a vegetarian (besides hot dogs and chicken nuggets) and that is fine with me. There are other way to get protein...and she grew!!! No more baby car seats for this little lady!! She was so excited she was almost in tears from joy!
Another picture of the "warmth."
My dad is an awesome grandpa. He loves inviting all of the grand kids in town to his house for fun treats and things. He brought home rainbow bread and had to have the kids over for family home evening to eat rainbow PB&J sandwiches! They loved it.
(I only just now noticed that Maggie is pinching herself in this pic...so never mind that.)
We've been having lots of snow...LOTS! It's making the whole town kind of grumpy...we want Spring!
And along with all of that snow has been lots of melting. We are fighting flooding right now. Everyone on our street is ripping out carpet and calling in the professionals. We feel very lucky that we only got about 3 feet of water in the door there. I found it at about 11:00pm one night after Josh had gone to work and I had no idea what to do. We stopped it in it's tracks and it's ALMOST dry 2 days later. But we have to go out and suck up the drains every few hours so we don't get more flooding. It's not fun, but I really am feeling super blessed that it's nothing more. I think we got the least of it on our street. Wish us luck!!!

3 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

I literally laughed out loud at your picture of the warmth... with snow piled up on the side of the driveway.

Lin Ryals said...

How does your brother feel about this post?? LOL! :) Love it! The rainbow bread is absolutely awesome!!! And... I too laughed at the "warmth". See, here... I'm trying to fight the urge to turn on the a/c. I mean, it's spring... we don't need it yet but it's been in the 80s. A few nights we've all slept in our undies and on top the blankets with the fans going just to stay cool enough to sleep so... yeah, your "warmth" is quite funny to me. Good luck with the melting snow!!!

Necha said...

I was telling Rachael how warm it was one day...we only needed jackets. Then I checked the temp, and it was 34 degrees! But it was really sunny, so 34 felt warm that day...after all winter with no sun! lol. Linda we turn on the AC as soon as it reached 68 outside! lol. Actually most people here don't have AC. We don't really need it.