We had a great Easter weekend. We spent Saturday with family doing egg hunts, egg dying, and having a big Easter Dinner.
Saturday Morning we went to the city Egg Hunt. We won't be doing that again. It was so cold that all of the kids were crying and all of the parents were squeezing their kids and rubbing them warm, and discussing whether or not they should go home, because they didn't say "Go!" until 30 min after they should have. And then within seconds all of the eggs were gone. I'm not complaining...it was an adventure. Just one that I wouldn't like to repeat again next year. lol Then we went to Dad's and did an egg hunt at his church building with just the grand kids...so much nicer!! :)
Then we dyed eggs!
Here's me getting my hands dirty dying eggs. We found this cool kit that made them look kind of shiny and marble-y. It turned out to be kind of hard though so me and Josh did it by ourselves. :) Here is what they looked like:
We had a big Easter Dinner on Saturday night, so that Joesph could be there. He had to leave to go back to college Sunday morning. It was delicious!Sunday morning the girls crawled in bed with us, like usual. Maggie crawled in a good 30 min before Tessa and just snuggled quietly. When Tessa got up she laid down and quietly asked me, "Momma, do you think the Easter Bunny came?" I said, "Yes I bet he did." And she said "Could I go check?" and I said "How about we all go together?" So we did. The Easter Bunny HAD indeed come, leaving more eggs to find, and baskets of candy and spring toys.

I made us all forget the Easter Bunny for a while and we did our Easter Tomb. (See two posts down.) And we had a nice little discussion on Jesus and the Resurrection. I'm so happy that my kids are finally understanding the true meaning of Easter! :)
The girls got pretty new Easter dresses from Grandma and Grandpa. They looked darling! We had some minor drama over not wearing tights and "I don't want everyone to see my panties!" and then some "It's ok, lets talk about how to sit like a lady."Tessa had a talk in Primary and did a wonderful job talking about Jesus and the Resurrection. It was a wonderful Easter. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment