...and family histories. I love reading about my ancestors...I just love it. You would think I would enjoy genealogy, but I honestly don't know the first thing about it.
When I was thinking about how I wanted to decorate my family room I just REALLY wanted to somehow dedicate it to all of our grandparents. Josh's and mine. So I found this frame that had 8 slots in it. Then it took me about a year to collect all of the pictures! But it's finally up! I love it. I really love honoring them in some way in my home.
When I was thinking about how I wanted to decorate my family room I just REALLY wanted to somehow dedicate it to all of our grandparents. Josh's and mine. So I found this frame that had 8 slots in it. Then it took me about a year to collect all of the pictures! But it's finally up! I love it. I really love honoring them in some way in my home.
Above is my maternal grandpa. He served in Korea in the 1950's. He is still alive.Below is my maternal grandma, Rose Marie. Together they owned a bakery.

Above is Josh' paternal grandpa, Melvin. He worked for the railroad.Below is Josh's paternal grandma June. She is still alive.

This couple is Josh's maternal grandparents, Laura and Martineth. I don't know a whole lot about him, because he died fairly young. Josh never knew him. And she was married at 16.
Above is my paternal grandpa, George. He also served in the military.Below is my paternal grandma, Thora, and her mother in law (mother of George) Clarissa. Thora was a school teacher.
We are proud of our heritage. They lived amazing lives (And two of them still are!) I knew all of them except Josh's grandpa Martineth, and my great grandma Clarissa. I can't wait to tell my children all about them!**P.S. if any of you siblings want pics of these people, let me know and I will e-mail them to you. I have more than what is here.**
No comments:
Post a Comment