Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

On Christmas Eve, when we got home from our Nativity Party, (see previous post) we found surprises in the door! Aunt Tanzee (my very good friend) must have come by while we were gone! We were very sad that we missed her, but grateful for her family's generosity! There were super cute PJ's for the girls, and a book, signed and narrated by Dick Van Dyke! Here are the girls in their pj's, looking at the book! Thanks you Tanzee and Family!!
I made blankets for the girls, and when they opened them up, they thought they were pillows, so here they are laying on them.
And here they are once they realized that they were blankets!



Here is the view after Santa Claus had come. There is a story behind the re-arranging of our living room...ask us later!


We got the girls to sleep in until 8:30, when Dad and Doreen showed up that the door! Luckily I was awake. They came in and I had them get the girls up...because I knew they would LOVE that! The girls enjoyed everything, and all I was really hoping for was to hear three little words..."Oh WOW Mommy!" and amazingly, that was the first thing Tessa said when she walking into the room.

Tessa went straight for her Doll House, and we had a hard time getting her away to open other things. Here they are in their chairs, looking in their stockings.
Here are "Rudolf the Red Nosed Grandparents!"

This was hilarious. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time! Winston got a coat and boots in his stocking, which was very thoughtful of Santa, because he must know that Winston's feet FREEZE when we go on our walks. We had to stop going for the last little while because it's too cold for him. Thanks Santa! The funny part was that Winston hated it-Of Course! He walked around like he was walking on hot coals! Then when I put the coat on too, he just laid there like he was dead and would never move again if we were going to make him wear such a get-up! We were all hysterical!



Maggie had her tongue hanging out while she played. It was very cute!


And we got lots of books-The girls FAVORITE thing!! Here they are opening books from Grandma and Grandpa Platt.

We had a great Christmas, and enjoyed visiting family later in the day. We went up to Dad's for Joseph's phone call (from his mission.) He sounded great, and he seems really happy. He doesn't miss us at all! He is having a blast out there. As we left Dad's Tessa said "Love you, Merry Christmas." It was awesome. She has never said that before. Dad and Doreen came back down to our house for Christmas Dinner. We let the girls play and talked on the phone to some of my siblings. It was a great Christmas! We rejoice in our Savior's birth, and are grateful for him. What a wonderful way to celebrate his birth!

1 comment:

Mel & Annette said...

Merry Christmas again. We love you!