My littlest brother went into the MTC today! He is going to the Knoxville Tennessee Mission. When I was a kid the missionaries seemed so old, but when your little brother is going out you realize that they are just babies! (sniff sniff) I thought all of you family that couldn't be there would love to see these pictures. ENJOY! 
Joseph, I mean, Elder Platt, got set apart last night by President Matthews (pictured above.) It was great to be there.
We took a few pictures afterwards. Here he is with Dad and Doreen.

And with my girls. We worked very hard to get them all in the same picture and not screaming! This is the best we could do.
And here we all are at the MTC today. Shawn and Carissa live in Provo so they met us there.
Here is Joseph with his "dork dot" as they are so lovingly referred to. (Just the dot that lets the workers know you are a new arrival missionary!)
And Joseph and Maggie
Dad putting on Joseph's name tag
And isn't that the proudest papa you've ever seen! He has now sent six out of six of his sons on missions! (I count Aaron because his whole life was a mission! You know it's true!) Dad couldn't be prouder and you can see it on his face. We love you Joseph!

Joseph, I mean, Elder Platt, got set apart last night by President Matthews (pictured above.) It was great to be there.
We took a few pictures afterwards. Here he is with Dad and Doreen.
And with my girls. We worked very hard to get them all in the same picture and not screaming! This is the best we could do.
And here we all are at the MTC today. Shawn and Carissa live in Provo so they met us there.
Here is Joseph with his "dork dot" as they are so lovingly referred to. (Just the dot that lets the workers know you are a new arrival missionary!)
And Joseph and Maggie
Dad putting on Joseph's name tag
And isn't that the proudest papa you've ever seen! He has now sent six out of six of his sons on missions! (I count Aaron because his whole life was a mission! You know it's true!) Dad couldn't be prouder and you can see it on his face. We love you Joseph! Oh, and I have to add this: I knew Dad would be in competition to send Joseph his first letter, so I decided to win! (It's the kidney-it makes me just like dad! lol) So I sent Joseph a letter on Monday, two days before he was supposed to be at the MTC. So he should have gotten it right after he got there! LOL!! I WON DAD!!! Neener Neener! (I'm such a dork!)
3 comments:
Thanks for the pictures!
Be sure to keep us up to date on Elder Joesph's mission activities!
Hi Necha-
It's Brooke (Matthews). I saw your link off another blog and had to take a peek. What a cute family you have! It's so fun to catch up. And yeah your little bro is on a mission....mine is too...they really do seem like babies when they go. My dad told me he got to set up your bro...he said it was a neat experience! Anyway, hope all is well. You are welcome to check out our blog if you like -bandbuchanan.blogspot.com
Brooke Buchanan (Matthews)
Post a Comment