Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Get-Together!

 My whole family was here, (the siblings) over this last weekend! We haven't all been together since before Ben went to Germany with his family 2 years ago. He came home to take his Boards, and then he will leave again on Saturday. It's been so fun to have him home, and a great excuse for the whole family to get together. My Uncle Tod and Aunt Jan even drove through town and stayed for a couple days to spend some time with us. So we have had them here too!
Everyone cuddling and squished together on Mom and Dad's bed to watch a movie.
 I love my family. When we get together it is relaxing, but just a huge fun free-for-all. The first night that Ben got here, none of us had seen him for 2 years and the first thing we did was go outside and play night games! He got into town at 8pm, and we were outside playing "kick the can" before it was even dark. That is what I love about my family. It's just FUN! We are all very close. My brothers still poke me and try to tickle me. My sister and I talk about boys, and we all just play! It's really like being a kid again!
Top Left to Right: Garrett, Ben, Shawn, Brandon  Front Left to Right: Amanda, Joseph, Necha (Me) 


 We took some sibling pictures while we were all together. I think we are one great looking family don't you!? We are just missing Aaron who died when he was 11. We sure missed him but I am sure he was with us. 

The whole Family...well everyone that was there. Ben's family is still in Germany, Shawn left his family in Oregon, and Amanda left her kids with their dad's. We sure missed everyone who wasn't there!! 
 On Saturday we went to the Bear River Ponds. The river runs by the ponds. We played in the swimming holes along the river for awhile.
Ben , Shawn and Joseph jumped in the river.
Ben, Joseph, Shawn
Dad brought the canoe and we had fun canoeing around the ponds. My girls even got in! 

The boys decided to do some synchronized diving.That was pretty funny! Dad even joined in!



Maggie, and a scared Tessa in the background

 Joseph tried to get Tessa in the water. She was a nervous wreck the whole time we were there. She would scream at Maggie if she got too close to the water. She was obsessive about having on a life jacket, and she would pace around and worry about everyone. This child has some major water issues!

 The boys played Indiana Jones and breathed under the canoe. They had to teach the little boys how to do it.
Later that evening I talked Dad into getting out the old 8mm home movies. (Yes I am that old!) We had so much fun watching those...seeing us all as babies and toddlers, our parents dressed like hippies, sporting a "stache," and bell-bottoms. We ate giant bowls of popcorn, and said things like "Look kids, that was where I lived when I was little!" and "Oh look at those orange cupboards we had!" Oh the good ol' days!

I've had so much fun with my family. I'm so grateful for families. They make life rich, and sweet and enjoyable! 

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thank you Necha for the fun post! I love OUR family too! It is so fun and easy to be together- we are sad that we were not able to be there as well. I love seeing all the great things you guys did together and I was a little afraid seeing all the boys (plus dad) jumping over that bar into the pond! AHHH!!! WATCH OUT! LOVE IT ALL!