Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

 Yesterday was my 31st Birthday. Josh said that I'm officially old, because now I'm IN my 30's rather than just 30. So there you have it. I guess he is officially REALLY old since he is older than me. That is how it works right? :) 

I had a great birthday, and I got to spend it with the people I love!

My dad told me the story of my birth. I have heard it before but if you were wondering about the circumstances of my birth keep reading. I'm sure you've all been dying to know!

It was noon. My mom was at home painting signs for the rodeo. My dad called to check on her because she had been having some mild labor. He asked her if he should come home and she said no because she didn't want to stop painting signs, and she didn't want to make lunch. He came home anyway, just to check on her, and he said "Lets just call the doctor and let him know you are in labor." so they did. The Dr. said "Why don't you go ahead and come in and let me check you, because I am headed out of town for the evening." So they went to his office which was across the street from the hospital. This was in the olden days (because I AM 31 after all) when the husbands sometimes didn't come in to the exams. So my dad stayed in the waiting room and my mom went in to get her exam. A few minutes later my dad hears the doctor start screaming, "Get a wheel chair!! I said GET ME A WHEEL CHAIR!!" And they pushed my mom across the street to the hospital and I was born minutes later. My dad WAS in the room...and "[I] was the most beautiful little girl [my parents] had ever seen." :)

And now I am 31, and my life really couldn't get any better. I am truly happy.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Happy birthday! I love the story!