Monday, July 16, 2012

Young Women's Camp

Running the torch into camp with my Young Women

 I am the YW President in my ward and it is the best calling I have ever had. I absolutely love those girls. I know it is true that you love the people you serve because I have felt it for these amazing Young Women. My favorite part of my calling is YW camp! It is a BLAST! Its a 4 day spiritual adventure with these girls that I adore!

 These girls are AMAZING at doing hair! I need them to come over every morning before school to do my kid's hair! Here is one of them doing my hair, and look how awesome it looks!

 Our theme for this year is "Arise and Shine Forth," and we were asked to be the Samuel the Lamanite Nation. So here we are ready for our skit.
Working on our craft
 This was me at 12:30 am after my Sister-in-law/2nd counselor Sally saved me from a mouse in our tent. :) I was NOT getting off my cot!

YW camp is a spiritual experience. The stake plans, prepares, and prays and fasts for a spiritual experience for these young women. The whole objective is to help them feel the Spirit and come closer to their Savior. I think that was accomplished this year! We were asked to read the Book of Mormon as a ward yw, and we accomplished that goal! We were SO PROUD of ourselves! It took some sacrifice. We had to read instead of play a lot, but it was worth it. When we finished we paraded through the camp singing and cheering! 

I am so glad that I was able to be a part of this experience. I know that some of the girls were changed and their hearts were touched. We came closer as a ward, and I believe we all came closer to our Savior and Redeemer...the ultimate goal!


No comments: