This month we took a trip up North to Yellowstone. Josh had been when he was a little kid, but the girls and I had never been. I told Josh I felt like I wasn't a true Wyoming-ite, and that I had just been faking it all this time because I had never been to Yellowstone! So we took a trip up to see it and had a wonderful time!
![]() |
| Josh and the girls in front of the Teton Mountains on our way to Yellowstone |
When we got there the girls just wanted to color in the trailer!
![]() |
| Josh and the girls waiting for Old Faithful |
We went to see Old Faithful first, since that is the "famous" geyser.
![]() |
| Necha and the girls in front of Old Faithful |
After Old Faithful we drove to the Black Sand Basin, and had lunch, and then took a look around. I think the Black Sand Basin was one of my favorite little geyser locations. It was very pretty!
Here we are in front of Fire Hole Falls. It was probably one of the prettier water falls we saw! The thing I remember most about this spot though, were the little Asian women goggling and gawking over my little red heads. They didn't talk to us, (Probably because they couldn't?) but they were more interested in my girls than the waterfall.
![]() |
| Necha and the Girls in Front of Gibbon Falls |
Maggie HATED the geyser smell. It's not pleasant, but I didn't think it was that bad. But Maggie even gagged a few times. She walked around plugging her nose everywhere.
![]() |
| Maggie checking out the sites as we drove around |
![]() | ||
| Josh and the girls at our camp |
The girls made some new little friends along the way...Bambi and Rosie. They had to have them everywhere they went!
We went to the Mud Volcanoes and thought it was funny to see a Buffalo resting next to a mud pot.
![]() |
| Josh and Maggie at the Mud Volcanoes. This one was named something after a dragon. |
![]() |
| Necha at Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone |
Here is our family in front of the waterfall at Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. It was VERY beautiful there!
![]() |
| Maggie and Tessa |
We really enjoyed the Mammoth Hot Springs. There was a picture of them on our map and I kept saying "I want to go here. Where is this place?" Eventually we found it!
After a couple of days of traveling all over to see the sites the girls got worn out and just needed to a day to play. We spent an entire morning and afternoon on the beach of the Yellowstone Lake, right next to our camp.
![]() |
| Josh and the girls building sand castles |
![]() |
| Necha and the girls |
On our last day we packed up and left Yellowstone, and headed south towards Jackson. We found a beautiful little spot to camp in Teton Park, and felt a little more at home camping "Our Style," in the deep dark wilderness. We aren't used to RV camping at all.
It was also our 8th Anniversary! Happy Anniversary to us!
On our last night, and for our anniversary, we went out to one of our favorite spots in Jackson Wyoming for dinner...Shogun Sushi.
We had an amazing trip. We loved Yellowstone, and plan to go back again some day! The girls had fun, and we enjoyed making memories with them!


























1 comment:
How fun!
Post a Comment