Power GranolaIngredients:
2 Cups oats
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
cooking spray
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in oil and vanilla.
Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture in a thing layer onto cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 300 for 10 min. Stir well. Bake an additional 15 min, or until golden brown. Stir in dried cranberries after you remove from oven. Allow to completely cool. Store in an air tight container.
This is DELICIOUS! I love it because it's not too sugary like store bought granola, and I know exactly what is going in. :) I like it over yogurt, but just as tasty with milk!
2 Cups oats
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
cooking spray
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in oil and vanilla.
Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture in a thing layer onto cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 300 for 10 min. Stir well. Bake an additional 15 min, or until golden brown. Stir in dried cranberries after you remove from oven. Allow to completely cool. Store in an air tight container.
This is DELICIOUS! I love it because it's not too sugary like store bought granola, and I know exactly what is going in. :) I like it over yogurt, but just as tasty with milk!
No comments:
Post a Comment