Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting My Craft On...

My sister mentioned to me that she had put up her Valentine's Day Decorations. This was an interesting concept to me...Valentine's Day Decorations? I have never heard of such a thing. Ok, I had, but what a great idea to get rid of the "I just took my Christmas stuff down, and now I have the blues" blues. :) And so I let it fester for a few weeks. Where does one go about finding Valentine's Day decorations? Certainly not in the only store in Evanston Wyoming (Walmart.) And so I thought...and thought some more, and concluded that I could MAKE some decorations. :)
I made this little heart garland, which only the three short people and the dog can walk under without hitting their head. (Sorry Tall Person that lives with the rest of us.)
I also really wanted to make the cute little people cut outs. I don't know what they are officially called, but I was clueless how to make them go Boy-Girl-Boy-Girl, since you are cutting them all out at once. And so I made them all girls, and then cut the skirts and hair off the boys. :) The girls had a lot of fun cutting up paper with me on this day.

And now for the truly crafty craft...my niece specially requested instructions for these, so here you go!
You need, a Styrofoam ball (The smaller the better or else you are in for a lot finger crippling work.) The flower will end up much larger than the ball anyway.
Crepe Paper in any color you like.
A glue gun, and lots of glue.
First you rip off pieces of crepe paper about 18 inches long. Then you fold it in half length wise, as seen above. Then you just start rolling it, and kind crinkling it, so it's not a perfect roll, to make it look like a flower. You will need bazillions of these little flowers.
Then you glue them onto the ball with the glue gun. Easy as that.
And this is the final result! Super Cute! I think I might do some more in white and red! My next crafty craft involved a really old frame that I found. I decided to paint it the most perfect pink color, print out this page, and glue a little ribbon on it. Super easy, and very cute!
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I hope you have a super hot hottie to smooch with!
Because I do. ;)

2 comments:

Kami said...

Super cute crafts! :)

Leslie said...

Very very cute crafts!