Sunday, July 20, 2014

Overnight Hike

 This weekend we took the kids on an overnight hike. We had 13 of the 18 grandkids. I was SO proud of them all. They did such a great job. I was impressed. I thought there would be a lot more whining than there was. Plus, can I just say how stinkin cute they all were, all lined up and orderly walking through the woods?
Tessa with a lady bug

 Josh and I by one of the upper lakes
 The girls were super excited to sleep in a tent! They have slept in a tent before, but they were quite young. We have had a trailer for several years. So they thought this was something new and adventurous!
 Me and Maggie by Notch Lake (Where we camped)
 This lake was so beautiful! The mountains and cliffs that surrounded it were so amazing that they almost looked like a painting. Do you know what I mean? Like even standing there in front of them they seemed too grand, and beautiful to be real. It doesn't come across in the pictures.
 Maggie
 Because we were backpacking in, we had to pack light, and that meant food had to be fairly instant. So we got some of those dehydrated meals, and believe it or not they were quite good! We really enjoyed our dinner!

We had such a great time. We were all thoroughly exhausted by the time we were done, but it was all worth it! I think Grandpa felt pretty proud of his 13 little hikers! Think of the memories these kids will have with their grandpa from this trip alone!