Last Month we had a BIG family reunion, with all of my grandparent's posterity. My grandparents are both past away, but all of their 8 children were there. They are all such wonderful people. I must say I come from an amazing family that I am proud of.
We all got together at my Aunt Jolene's Cabin. Between all of the 8 siblings, their children, and grandchildren, and a couple of their grandchildren's children, there were exactly 100 people in attendance. And of course not everyone could make it. I had many cousins that were not there. But it was so fun seeing my cousins again, and getting to know their children.
This is my dad's family. We are missing 4 people, my sister in law, and her 3 children. She had just had a baby and couldn't come, but she sent her husband. (My brother.) It's crazy to see how just MY family has grown.
Here are me and my siblings. We are missing just one. Aaron, who died when he was 11. But the rest of us could make it. Actually I'm sure Aaron was there. :)
We had a really great time just hanging out. My dad was the "resident chef" and cooked the big meal for us.
Someone brought "juice bags" which were a tradition every year when we were kids going to our yearly reunions. Now it's hard to get the family together once a year. It's been 10 years since we have had a big reunion like this. So I thought it was awesome that someone brought juice bags!! These were the original juice bags-before they invented juice boxes and capri suns. :)
We also did a pinata which is a family tradition. There were lots of games and activities planned.
Here are me and my sister and a couple of our cousins.
We had a great time. I was sad to leave. I love that huge, amazing family of mine. I hope it's not another 10 years before we get together again!!





No comments:
Post a Comment