Monday, June 9, 2014

First Camping Trip of 2014

 We had such a great camping trip this last weekend. We needed a get away BAD. I don't think Josh had stopped working long enough to sit down in 3 weeks. The girls kept whining because they hadn't seen him in so long, and of course I wasn't a super happy wife-having no husband around. So we packed up and got away for the weekend. It was good to see Josh relaxing!
 Some family came up for just the first evening to have dinner with us. So the girls were able to play with their cousins.
My dad stayed the night on the first night. He wanted to try out his new one man tent. I told him if he got cold to come sleep in the trailer. Temps got down into the 30's but he said he was warm all night.
 We sat around the fire and told stories. Below is Joseph trying to scare Tessa with a scary story-which ended up being about him texting the wrong girl on accident.

 The second day the girls were playing a few yards from us, and they said, "Hey mom, look, a moose!" and I looked over and they were standing a few yards away from a moose. I freaked out a little, and told them to hurry and get over to me. But the moose had no interest in us, and just kept walking on.
 We support the second amendment. ;) lol
However I don't know how many times I have told them we don't shoot people. Just pretend deer and other animals.
 We went on a hike.
 Josh and I did some smooching.
And we found lots of little run off water falls. 

We had a wonderful time, and the weather was beautiful. Just as we were getting ready to pack up and leave I looked across the sky and saw big dark clouds rolling in. We packed up and had lunch, and just as we were hooking up the trailer, it started hailing on us. Luckily we were out of there! 
We all got our nature fix, and best of all we got to spend some good quality time together.

No comments: