Yesterday was the 4th of July, and we celebrated with family and BBQ's and swimming.
First things first, I ran a 5K that morning with my little brother Joseph. It was fun, but I was hurting afterwards. I haven't been able to run much this summer-with the kids home. I run about 3 days a week, but only for 25 min while they are in swimming lesson. (About 1/2 to 1/3 of what I normally run.) And then this last week I have been at YW camp, and a family reunion. I hadn't run in 9 days. Big Mistake. But it was still a lot of fun, and a good way to kick off the 4th!
The girls of course were excited for the day's festivities!
For lunch we went up to Dad's house and roasted hot dogs and let the kids swim in the kiddy pool. Josh took me for a ride on the Harley...what is the 4th without a Harley Ride...
...or a hot dog!
And some slip and slide action going on!
Later we had a big BBQ at my house with all of the extended family. Somehow I didn't get any pictures of that. I was too busy chatting I guess.
We went to watch the fireworks, and had the perfect spot. The fireworks were gorgeous! I laughed because this year we actually brought a radio to hear them set to music, and they played "Ring of Fire" and every time the song said "Ring of fire" they lit off a firework that was a red circle with yellow explosions in it. I just giggled, and thought the fireworks people had a great sense of humor. :)
The girls got tired, and Maggie even fell asleep before they were over. We had a great time. -A wonderful Independence Day!







No comments:
Post a Comment