Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Running Playlist

Ok, I keep seeing "running playlists" on pinterest, and I check them out, because I am always on the look out for new running songs, and they are always...well...not my type of running songs. Songs about clubbing, and drugs, and partying are not my idea of a healthy uplifting run.

To ME, a running song should be up beat, motivational and fun. They should have words in them that lift you up during those long runs when you start to think you can't go any further, phrases like "It's gotta be a good life, "Keep on dancing (or running!!) until the world ends," "You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium." etc. You get the idea. My Running Playlist is full of songs that are like that. I was laughing at how many songs I had that said things about it being a good day or a good life, and how it can't get better than this. THOSE are my kinds of running songs. So here is my list of running songs. Hopefully some of these songs can get someone through those long runs like they do me.

1. Diamond-Rihanna (This is my warm up song.)
2. The Longest Road
3. Till the World Ends-Britney Spears
4. Machine Head-Bush
5. Cracks (Flux Pavillion Remix)
6. Good Time-Owl City
7. Oh lala-Wise Guys
8. Sail-Awolnation(This one says something about suicide, but I first heard this song attached to a video of people skydiving with flight suits...the ones where they fly like flying squirrels...hard core stuff...so it reminds me of that...and being "hard core" when I run.)
9. Chasting the Sun-The Wanted
10. Avicii-Levels
11. Party Rock Anthem-LMFAO
12. Titanium-Davis Guetta
13. Feel so Close-Calvin Harris
14. Anytime-Eve 6
15. Glad You Came-The Wanted
16. Promises-Skrillex
17. Pardon Me-Incubus
18. You Da One-Rihanna
19. We found Love-Rihanna
20. Radioactive-Imagine Dragons
21. Diary of Jane-Breaking Benjamin
22. You Make Me Feel-Cobra Starship
23. Pumped Up Kicks-Foster the People
24. Good Life-One Republic
25. Take you Higher-Goodwill & Hook N Sling
26. Bring me to life-Evanesence
27. No Leaf Clover-Metallica

* Disclaimer-Not all of these songs are the versions I have downloaded. These were just the links I can find. Most of them I didn't even watch the videos. I'm not a big fan of music videos because they always ruin the song for me the way I have it in my head...what it means to me. Also, I'm kind of a huge Rock nerd. I try to fit it into my running wherever I can. ;) I never really cared for techno or remixes until I started running. But these are some that I enjoy running to. I always download the "clean" version of songs, so if some of those videos aren't "clean" then...woopsie! Find the clean version. Enjoy!

No comments: