![]() |
| Giving a cheesy grin to my hubby! |
Today I ran the Vigor Cottonwood 10K. Heck-a-awesome. I loved it.
The race started at 6:30am, but we had to be bused in at 5:30am. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep the night before. But it was all worth it. When they dropped us off it was FREEZING! The canyon was cold and windy, and I swear I had stage one hypothermia. But as soon as the race started I was fine! The miles flew by, and let me not forget to mention that it was all down hill. So it went fast. I thought my knees would be killing me but they were fine. And I ran my personal best: 6.2 miles in 57.22 minutes!
I will admit, I was sore afterwards. I am sore now! I really worked my muscles in a way I am not used to. But it feels good-like "work out sore."
It was a blast! I would do it again.
We didn't bring the girls this time because of the early morning. We missed them, but they had fun with Grandma and Grandpa. When I got home and showed them my medal (which every participant received) they said, "You WON!" They are very proud of me. They think I'm super woman.(Maybe I am.)
Josh has been so super supportive of my running. I think he sees that it makes me a better wife, mother, and person. Running changes you. It's too hard to explain, but ask any runner.
Gulping down water whilst shaking my finger at Josh telling him to stop taking stupid pictures of me.
I had a great time. It was an early morning and a long day. I'm sore. But it was oh so worth it. :)





2 comments:
Way to go! You are super woman!
way to go and Congrats :)
Post a Comment