First of all, can I just tell you how in love I am with my kids. They are the stinkin' most awesome thing that has ever happened to me, along with their dad. I am all about "being a parent and not a friend." But these girls are my little besties. I could hang with them all day, every day. We'll see how they feel about that when they are teens. ;)
Today was a half day and so I wanted to do something fun with them. We packed a picnic and headed to the State Park with our blanket and water bottles, and had a nice little lunch. It occurred to me today that we are picnic on blanket people, rather than picnic on a park table kind of people. Just thought I would throw that out there.
After we finished lunch and talking about our hopes and dreams, we decided we wanted to do some exploring. So we went for a walk down the nature trails.
![]() |
| Tessa making a wish |
The girls saw a bench and decided that it was important to put on a show for me. So I sat there and watched their singing/dancing/joke telling show. My favorite was Tessa's rendition of "Hello Dolly." (I love that my girls know all of the Broadway hits from my Musicals.)
And then they wanted to take pictures with me. So here are those.
We had a great afternoon together. We missed Daddy, but someone has got to pay for all of our girlish outings! ;) Next time we will try to have him be there as well!







No comments:
Post a Comment