Wednesday, May 22, 2013

10 Year Kidney Transplant Anniversary!

This Guy




 Today was the 10 Year anniversary of my kidney transplant. I celebrated with my Dad, as usual. He made kidney bean soup, we got together at my house to have a little party. It was simple, but a lot of fun. Before we ate we looked at my kidney transplant scrap book and reminisced.

 We usually don't give each other presents, just because, how do you give someone a present that tops a kidney? But I wanted to do something since it was our 10 year, so I got him (and I) a stuffed kidney plush, and also a kidney tie tack. He really liked them.


Here we are holding up 10 fingers for 10 years!
We got tired in the middle of the party so we took a nap. Our kidney plushes came in handy.

And that is how you celebrate 10 years of Kidney Health. 

I woke up this morning and felt overwhelming gratitude.Ten Years. It's gone by fast. My life has been amazing. I can't believe all of the different directions my life has taken, and where it's lead to today. I see God's hand in my life daily.
I am amazed at the life I have been able to live because my dad was willing to sacrifice a part of himself, in a literal way, to give me life. I look around at all I have-my incredible husband, my beautiful children, health, joy, spirituality, and I can thank my dad for making it possible for me to be here to live it. 
My dad is one of my best friends. I have been informed that my eyes light up when I see him. But he gave me more than just a kidney. He gave me hope, and possibilities. 
  My life is simple, but it feels like it's part of something so much bigger. I have never felt like I got gypped with my kidney issues. I have always felt like it was a blessing. Something that was going to teach me more, and take me further. And it has.






1 comment:

Lin Ryals said...

This makes me emotional. haha! I'm such a wimp. Love it! Your father seems like an amazing man. Even though I have heard/read this story many times, I remain in awe over the selflessness of your father. :)