Sunday, May 5, 2013

Maggie's 6th Birthday Party

 Maggie is Six! It's official!We celebreated her birthday a day early because her birthday fell on a Sunday, and Sundays are crazy for us already. Plus she has a cousin getting blessed on her birthday. 
She was SO excited to have a party. She asked for a Wreck it Ralph birthday cake and I got to work planning that.

 The girls were downstairs while I made the cake so they didn't see it. The cake was finished and in the fridge. I had some extra cake scraps laying there and when the girls came up, Josh told them that the scraps were the cake! We acted excited, saying "Isn't it beautiful! I worked really hard!" The girls were so upset. Maggie was on the verge of tears, and Tessa ran off bawling. They said things like, "Where is the icing? I think you forgot the icing." and, "That is not what I wanted it to look like." -with a very sulky face.
 I played along and told Maggie we needed to get pictures of her with her cake like we always do. "Hold up six fingers!" I said. She was too embarrassed to even look up. It was so funny.
 Then she opened the fridge and saw the real cake. "You tricked us! You stinkers!"
 And here she is with her real cake. She loved it!
 She looks so grown up in this picture! She has gotten tall and lost all of her baby fat. I will miss my squishy little baby but she is growing into a beautiful young lady.
Joseph this pic is for you.

 We had her party in the evening with all of her cousins and aunts and uncles. She got spoiled-as usual. We got her a Princess and the Popstar Guitar. She fell in love with it at the store so we sneakily bought it.

Blowing out her candles

This morning, on her real birthday, we had a birthday breakfast for her. We are going to have a really busy day and this was really our only chance to celebrate with her. 

She is a doll. I love my Maggie more than I can say. She has had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Kami said...

You make the most ADORABLE cakes!

What a cutie Maggie is! :)