Monday, March 4, 2013

I wish the title of this post could be a video of me singing Rocky theme music.

Say Hello to Neville. 
So I've been running. 

6.5 weeks into my training I signed up for a 5k. Boo yaw! Dreams (recently made dreams) coming true!

The day after I signed up for my first 5k, my body feel apart. My knees were aching. I was having a few other problems which we shall not disclose to the public. My neck went out for a week. I came home after registering for my 5k, 18 hours earlier, and sat down in the lazy boy defeated. I almost cried. Josh came home for lunch and I told him that my dreams were shattered. 

He laughed. He told me to ice my knees. After a lot of whining from me about how all I had worked for was crushed, my sweet, sensitive, caring husband said to me, "You have never had a sports injury have you?" 

"Umm, no. I've never done sports before." 

"Well you better get used to it. This in normal." 

So here I sit, icing my knees. I don't actually have an injury. It's undiagnosed arthritis. But I tell you it will not stop me! I'm going to run a 5k. 



2 comments:

Jambo said...

Go Necha!

Leslie Jacobs said...

I recently started running/working out a bit more myself. However, I'm not quite to running to 20min straight no problem. I'm still walking/jogging most of my miles. . . but it's progress! Good luck to you my friend!