Saturday, March 23, 2013

Purple Day 5K!

 I woke up this morning and didn't know if we were going to make it down to the race. But I knew I just HAD to. There was quite the storm, both at home in Wyoming, and down in Utah. It was freezing when we got there and I thought it was going to be on the miserable side. But everyone was so excited. The announcer guy said that other 5K's in the area had cancelled but that we were going to push through.
Here's me! Starting out!
 By the time we started the race though, it was sunny, and once we got our bodies warm from running it was nice.
It was a beautiful area. It reminded me a lot of the nature trails near my home. We ran along a river, a few ponds, and I saw lots of ducks. It's was really just a pretty run! I enjoyed it! One of the little ponds was called "Kidney Pond" and was shaped like a kidney. So of course I gave it a little mental shout out as I ran past it. (I don't know...I have a thing for kidneys.) 

It was a "There and Back" course. We ran down the trail, then turned around and came back. It seemed short to me. I don't know why, because that is the distance I always run. I thought surly I had run it in 10 min flat because that is what it felt like. But I actually ran it in 33 min.
 Josh asked me later why I hadn't sprinted to the finish line. I don't know. It didn't occur to me I guess.
Me at the finish line!

 The best part was seeing my little girls standing there with their hands out along the finish line to give me five. There is something about your KIDS being proud of you that tops it all.

I came in 33rd. 
16th in my division (Women 30-39)
It took me 33.36 min (10:49 Min./Mile)
 I had a great run. I see a lot more 5k's in my future. Now its time to start training for a 10K! :)

1 comment:

Kami said...

Way to go Necha. You're awesome!