I added these pictures because so far, there are no pictures of me running in existence. There is probably a reason for that too. But I have a feeling that sometime in the near future there will be a picture of me running. No, I am not training for a Zombie Apocalypse. I've just taken up a new hobby. :)
Back track to 2 months ago. I was at work with all of my fitness pals, most of which are zumba instructors, water aerobics instructors, or they take zumba classes. They have invited me to come to zumba a couple of times and I was just relieved that I was REALLY unable to go with them at 5am. Then some of them started running. They were doing some app called "c25k" that gets you from the couch to running a 5k. I just thought they were crazy. Who in their right mind wants to run?
Then one day something clicked in my head and I thought, "You know, I'd kind of like to at least be able to say that I COULD run a 5k." That was the beginning. Maybe that is when I became "infected." Maybe RUNNERS are the zombies. I don't know.
So I asked my friend about the app. Then I downloaded it. Then I started it. And then I was addicted. At first I just thought, "Ok, I'll train for this 5k app thing, but I am not going to ACTUALLY run in a 5k race."
Then a week or so later, I thought, "You know, running a 5k wouldn't be that hard. I think I might consider it." Then another week later I thought, "I am going to really run a 5k!" And then a week after that I thought, "Who wants to stop at a 5k? I want to run a 10k and then a half marathon!"
I have not gotten to where I am considering a full marathon, but you never know. With the patten this is going I just might...MIGHT.
I've already called my brother who has run several races. (5k, 10k, Half Marathon. He did Ragnar.) He told me he will run a 5k with me if I run a bigger race with him. It's on. It's SO on. :)
I'm 6 weeks into my training, and I went from being able to run for a minute before I thought I was going to die, to being able to run for 20 min straight-no problem. Two more weeks and I will be running that 5k on my app. I'm so stoked! I'm a runner people!

1 comment:
Good for you! :)
Post a Comment