Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day

 We had a great Valentine's Day. We made the girls feel very special! We filled their Valentine Boxes with goodies and love notes. I made them a "pink breakfast" in the morning.
 Their hair was done in a festive way.
 And I made them a special little lunch.
I've never been the hugest fan of Valentine's Day. It's just kind of an "eh" holiday. But when you have kids to spoil it kind of makes it fun! They had a great day and it may as well have been Christmas-they felt that special!

Josh came home in the middle of the day. I had just gotten home from running and he was hoping I would be gone so he could leave a little surprise for me. So he made me go down the hall and wait. After saying "Can I come out yet?" 3-4 times, he finally called to me saying "Ok, you can come out!" So out I went, and he was no where to be found. I found chocolates and roses on the table, but he was gone. I looked outside really quick to see if he left, and I saw him walking down the sidewalk to the school, with a rose in each hand-one for each girl. My heart melted and I thought, "Yes. They will know how a man is supposed to treat them because they had a father who treated them like they were special!" That meant more to me than the chocolate and roses he gave me! He is such a good man!! I'm glad he is MY Valentine! :)

1 comment:

Kami said...

How sweet! I love all the cute things you did!