Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tessa's 5th Birthday!

Today was Tessa's 5th Birthday! She had a wonderful time! She woke up this morning and I told her it was her birthday and she said "Right now!? Right now it is my birthday and not after my nap!!?" to which I assured her that her birthday was RIGHT NOW. She was so excited to be 5, and told everyone that RIGHT NOW she is 5. She also told me that "It's really great to add another year." -I'm so glad she thinks so!
She asked me MONTHS ago to make her a "How to Train your Dragon" cake. She has had this planned for 4 months. So this is what I came up with. I thought it turned out really cute, and I was very excited to do a boy-ish cake for once! :)
Opening Presents...she got spoiled as always.

Singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing our her candles. Sorry the pic is blurry, but it's the only one we got.

And here she is with all of her loot...spoiled I tell you! Spoiled!

She had a great day. I can't believe she is 5. It seems like only yesterday that she was born, and now she is 5 and starting kindergarten. sniff sniff. I'm excited for her and for all that being 5 will bring. She is such a joy!

2 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

What an adorable 5 year old! Happy Birthday Tessa!

Kami said...

Such a cute cake. Tessa is so cute! :)