Monday, August 22, 2011

Preschool Level 1...CHECK!

Let me just tell you how proud I am!! Two weeks ago my girls were TERRIFIED of water! It took us a year to get them to even play in 3 inches of water in a little pink blow up swimming pool in our back yard. It all started two years ago when Tessa fell into a river. She was only in the water for just a second, when her Uncle Garrett, who was standing right next to her, pulled her out of the water. From then on she would have nothing to do with water, and stayed as far away from it as humanly possible. Her fear rubbed off on Maggie, and so what do I do? I put them in swimming lessons of course!!
I signed them up for a two week session, 30 min a day, 4 days a week. The very first day I knew I was going to watch them scream and cry, and not go near the water. But to my surprise they got right in! They were a little timid at first, and clung to the teacher when she pulled them off the wall and into the water, but by the end of the first session they were more calm.
I was so excited to tell Josh that they got in the water, and he wanted to see pictures. So on the second day I took pictures. (See two posts ago.) I think he was as amazed as I was.
On the last day-test day, Josh came along to watch. He sat there with me and kept saying, "Look! They are getting in!" "Look! They are putting their faces under the water!" etc. It really is amazing if you knew how scared they were of water.
And at the end of two weeks, they PASSED! They passed level one! We are amazed! I am totally framing their certificates!


No comments: