Yes I know I should have worn orange! That was totally a fluke. The next day they "accidentally" all wore red and I didn't have a red shirt. Oh well.
Also, if you notice across the river there is a mountain. It's not THAT big of a mountain, and you can only see the edges of it, but there are cliffs and it's really tall and steep. Well I decided I wanted to climb it. I asked Josh, and my brothers, and my dad how long they thought it would take me. They said a day and a half, and that's if I was in really good shape. I said, "Whatever! I could climb that thing in 5 hours." They assured me that I couldn't. So the next day on a whim, I decided to just go see how steep it was. So I zip lined across the river like Indiana Jones, (ok, I totally fell in the water and biffed it on the other side) and then went over to the mountain and climbed it. It was pretty steep, but I just kept going. I was really worried that I would run into a bear or a mountain lion, but I only saw an owl, and I heard what sounded like thousands of bees, so I steered around them. In about a half an hour I had made it about 2/3 the way up the mountain. I got to the rocky parts that would have been hard to climb. I would have kept going if I had water, but I turned back. I was back to camp in 1 hour, and no one believed me that I got so far up the mountain! So I just have to say for the record that I am awesome! Next year I might plan a few hours to climb the whole thing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment