Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Outdoors...

I can't believe it's August already. We started summer a bit late...like it didn't even get warm until July. And now it's August and it's feeling like Fall already. We've had quite a few rain/thunder storms this week alone.

I'm a little bummed because it seems like we didn't do anything fun this summer. We went camping once-but it wasn't in the woods, it was at the Ranch. I miss me some woods! I always joke that I never really feel alive unless I am in the deep dark wilderness. It's kind of true though. There is no where I would rather be than miles from civilization.

It was just too cold (and snowy) to go camping this year until July, and then we were just too busy! Luckily we have at least one more camping trip planned.

Meanwhile I am desperately clinging to the outdoors. That is the #1 reason I have been biking through the State Park every morning. (On a rickety old bike that I think is going to fall apart, and that switches gears every 10 seconds or so...but it gets me from point A to point B.)

The State Park is a big wilderness park right by my house. It's pretty awesome really. There are lots of trails and it all goes along the river. There are swamps and a big pond. It's lovely. And everyone is very friendly, and they say "Good Morning!" as you ride past. -I love Wyoming People. They are the best!

So here is to hoping for more nice weather so that I can fill my outdoors need for just a little while longer.

Oh, and the #2 reason I am biking every morning is because it fills one of my Personal Progress Requirements! :) And #3 is because it's great exercise.

No comments: