Monday, July 11, 2011

Tropical Mango Mousse Cups

I've had bazillions of mangoes from my bountiful basket, and I've used them for just about everything from smoothies, to salsa, to chicken. But I found this recipe and it was FABULOUS so I had to share!

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz) package puff pastry shells. (I used phillo dough, and cut about 7 sheets thick into 12 squares and put them in my muffin tin. Then I brushed melted butter on them, and baked them until they were golden.)
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 mango, pealed, seeded and diced
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp lime zest
1 cup thawed whipped topping
1/4 cup toasted coconut. (I didn't use nearly this amount.)
Extra mango to garnish the tops (Optional)

Directions:
Bake shells according to package directions.

Place cream cheese, mango, brown sugar, and lime zest into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spoon into a bowl and fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerated for 1 hour.

Divide the mixture into pastry shells. Top with mango slices and toasted coconut.

*I doubled the recipe.

1 comment:

Adelina Priddis said...

Yummy! I've been needing something to do with our mangoes too.