Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Maggie's 4th Birthday Party!

Our Little Maggie is Four! I can't believe it myself! How time flies. It seems like only yesterday we had her...all 1 lb. 10 oz. of her! And now she is four!

This year I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and she immediately said she wanted a Tangled cake, from the Disney Tangled movie. I thought that would be easy enough until I realized she wanted the tower! Yikes! But Josh was sure I could do it! I had him build me some supports out of wood and I think it turned about amazing! This is by far the best cake I have ever made! (Or probably will EVER make...things like this are a fluke for me.)

Maggie saw it before it was done and she giggled with joy! I am so glad! All I care about is that my kids love the cake! That is the whole birthday for me...making a cake and hoping my kids love it! And she did! :)


Her birthday is actually tomorrow. I don't know what my deal is, but I took all of the pictures with her, and had her hold up three fingers. Then later she was singing a song about being four and I gasped..."Oh my gosh! I took all of those pictures with her holding up 3 fingers! She is Four!" So we took more pictures!
She opened her presents like a pro! Grandma Platt made her a beautiful blanket! She loves it!
(In fact she is sleeping with it as we speak.)


Her main present from us was all of the Tangled dolls. That is what she asked for!
And we sang to her of course! She had a bit or trouble with the candles and had to blow 6-7 times to get them all out. I think some of her cousins helped her out a little. :)
Maggie is an amazing little girl. She is smart as can be, and so funny. Our world would be so different without her! We love her like crazy!

Happy Birthday Maggie!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow...Little Miss is going to be lucky if she get's a homemade cake let alone a them cake. You're one awesome hardworking momma!!

Kami said...

I love that cake. You did an amazing job! Sooo NEAT!