Sunday, May 22, 2011

8 Years Ago...

This is me and my dad 8 years ago (actually 8 years and 1 day ago) in our kidney t-shirts.
And this was us the next day.

My dad donated a kidney to me to save my life. He gave me the opportunity to get married to my sweet husband, to have my beautiful children, and all of the joys I have had in the last 8 years. I told my dad that I hoped the life I lived from that day on made him proud. I still hope it has.
This is us today.
I wanted to celebrate so I invited my dad over for dinner. I surprised him with this cake...which I just thought was funny. But he liked it! :)
I have my dad to thank for so much. There are no words to describe what he did for me. He gave me everything. I love my dad!

3 comments:

Kami said...

I love this post. What a sweet story! :)

Becky said...

I love how it hasn't looked like 8 years have past... Dad still looks awesome, you are just beautiful!! Happy kidney operation anniversary!

Tom and Juli said...

I cry whenever you talk about him giving you a kidney. What a sweet gift and what an awesome dad!