Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Confession

I'm a pretty neat and tidy person.
People tease me about my clean house...which I just want to go on the record to say...I have kids! My house is not always clean! But I will admit, it's almost always clean.

Anyway, there is ONE spot in my house where I am not so neat and tidy...my office.
It's Josh's office too, but not really. It's mostly just mine. I let him in it. He contributes about 5% of the mess. The rest is all me!
(Only half the mess. The other half is just as messy.)

Why is it so messy you might ask?
Well I will tell you.
I have too many projects going on. I have preschool projects going all the time. I have crafts, art work, scrap booking, a recipe book (my messiest project at the moment.) It's also where I keep my wrapping paper, and wrap gifts, all of my art/craft supplies, papers I want to keep, cards and letters, and right now there is even, get this, a bag of Edgar hair! (Josh told me that if I saved it and put it in the garden the deer wouldn't eat my tulips.)

I think what I need are shelves up the wall to put everything on. I've tried to contain my life's work (my hobbies really...which there are a lot of them) onto one table. It's just not working. If you come over and this door is closed, just know that my office looks like this. If it's open and you see it, then count yourself among the lucky who I love enough not to care if you see my mess. And if for some reason it's clean, know that that happens from time to time when I can't take it anymore.

1 comment:

Leslie Jacobs said...

You call that a MESS!!! AHhahahahaha!!! You're funny!!! The weather's been so nice latley and we've been so busy playing I've completley ignored my entire house for almost a week. My whole house pretty much looks like your table. Not to meantion Jim traipsed through the house this morning in his muddy hunting boots (he's going bear hunting) looking for stuff. Wish he coulda taken them off before dropping dirt all over. (Sheesh!) Anyways, wanna come help me clean? I could use your Monica-ness for a day. :)