Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Playing Catch Up because I'm a Blogging Slacker

I have been really busy lately. I've barely had time to clean my house, and you all know that that is top priority after the kids and hubby! So that should tell you something! lol.

I got a new calling. I am the Young Women's President in my ward. It's super exciting. I love the girls, and they are a lot of fun. I am still trying to figure it all out, but I'll get it eventually!

I've also been doing a lot of crafts and activities with the girls. I started pre-schooling them, and even set up a full classroom in our storage room. You can read about that HERE. These frames are something we painted just for fun. My sister gave them to me, and the girls painted them. Somehow with the whole rainbow of colors that I gave them, they swirled them together and made pink...leave it to a girl!
It was pretty cold for a while, and then got hot again. Really hot. We had to turn the AC back on. But for a while there I was building fires, listening to Lois Armstrong and baking apple desserts. Ya gotta love fall!
Josh went to work on a long over due project. We put a new window in when we first moved in, and then never finished it. It needed to be sealed mudded and painted, and I told Josh I wasn't going to go another winter with that window unfinished. So, like the good man that he is, he went to work! It looks amazing now! And I have blinds to go along with my drapes! Whoo Hoo!
It seems like we have done a ton to our bedroom lately. The window, little decorations type stuff...and this "night stand." This actually used to be a kitchen hutch in our kitchen in our old house. We took the top off of it, and just had it sitting in the spare room. I got the bright idea to use it as a night stand for Josh. The room looked bare and empty, so with a little bit of a woman's touch! It's pretty!

Just a silly pic of Tessa. The girls were taking turns sitting in the blanket box thing-a-ma-jigger in the cough.
We took the girls to the Homecoming parade. They loved it. And they scored lots of candy sitting next to a group of adults with no children with them...so guess who they gave all the candy to?
We all had dentist appointment. Maggie was a first timer, and she did great! She opened her mouth with a little coaxing, and every one's teeth looked good! I'm proud to announce that I have never had a cavity in my adult teeth...ever. :)
I went hunting for the first time. I have been hunting before with my dad and brothers, but never got a license and hunted as well. Dad and Josh took me, and we all got deer...although Josh helped me shoot mine.
(I tried to edit out the blood for you Linda! I hope these didn't traumatize you!)

We hit up a neighbor and ward member's garage sale. They were selling a brand new, never been out of the box leather head board. I have been begging Josh to build me one since the day we got married. Six years later, I got him to buy me a leather one! :) Yay!
Tessa got a fairy Barbie at the garage sale that she carries with her everywhere.
And lastly, Maggie got a new bike for $5! Her little Trike got stolen when she left it at the park one day. But she was getting to big for it anyway, and now she has a bike just like her big sister!

The girls have been playing their little hearts out. I am amazed at what they come up with when I am not looking. Today they build a doll city on my kitchen table. I didn't mind though. I'm kind of partial to dolls.

And that is it for playing catch up! I will try to do better with my blogging! :)

3 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

I love the bedroom! And that's seriously awesome about the $5 bike! Score!

So I left this open to read for later, and Arvilla kept coming over and pointing at the pictures of your girls and saying "Friends?" haha. Someday they will have to meet!

Lin Ryals said...

So fun!! And... thanks for editing out the blood. ;) LOL! I was a vet tech for 5 years too so it's not really the blood just... I dunno. :/ I'm confusing! haha! Such fun pics! You're such a fun mommy!

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing! Cute pics. And you shot a deer?!?!?!?! WOW!!