Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Davis Style


I had it all planned out. The only part I didn't know how I was going to accomplish was getting up early...I don't get up early. But somehow, when the girls came in this morning to cuddle (our morning ritual) I got out of bed, and somehow snuck them out of the room. We made a fabulous breakfast for the Daddy of our house. The girls mixed and stirred and together, quietly, we got the job done. I was sure Josh was awake knowing exactly what we were doing, but he was sound asleep when we brought the tray in for him. He said he didn't even remember what day it was. (Way to go US for being sneaky!)



I worked really hard on a card for Josh. He isn't just any old father. He is OUR father and we love him oodles! So he got a hand made booklet card from each girl. (They colored them a few days in advance.) And I did the amazing artwork! (Insert laugh here.) But they turned out cute. I loved how specialized they were just for "our" daddy. He even laughed and said, "Hey that's me!" (I am THAT good of artist that he recognized himself immediately!) My favorite one, and Josh's as well is the "Daddy cuddles with me." one. That is the truth of all things right there. They are all true but that one speaks volumes to us. :)





Tonight we are having grilled Salmon-which Josh requested BEFORE we went to our family BBQ party yesterday and got the recipe for the best salmon I have ever tasted!! And there will be grilled corn on the cob, and some major Daddy lovin' going on. If he ends the day feeling special and loved then I have done my job!! :)

We love you Josh! You are an amazing Father! When I count my blessings, I count you twice. ;)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a cute idea!!! Nice artwork too!

Tom and Juli said...

How cute. I really do like the "daddy colors with me" illustration.

Necha said...

You mean cuddles with me? I don't remember a coloring one. But yes...that was our favorite too. hehe. It's so true...us all squished on one side of the bed while one of them is a hogger!