First let me say that this trip was my first time flying...and I lived! Woot Woot!This picture was actually taken the morning I left...sunrise at 36,000 ft is pretty amazing. I had to take a picture and look like a total tourist.
I went down for my brother Ben's graduation from Residency. He is now...umm...a residencied?? Doctor. I don't know what to call it. He graduated from Medical School 4 years ago, then did his residency, and he just graduated from that. I'm pretty proud of him! He didn't need to be a Dr. to gain our pride...but it sure is awesome of him!
Texas is hot.(Understatement of the year coming from a Wyoming girl)
So we went swimming a lot to cool down.
Will you look at my nephews! They are little swimmers. The little one is two and doing canon balls into the pool. My kids are three and terrified of even getting their feet wet.
I was pretty impressed by their swimming!



We went to see the sights...had to see the Alamo!Everyone has told me they weren't impressed by the Alamo because it is so small. But I thought it was so beautiful! Not just the building but everything around it. I am used to the Wyoming desert, and everything there is so green and lush and beautiful. I think the Alamo and the river walk (Across the street) where my favorite parts of Texas.




The River Walk was my other favorite. It was so pretty...besides when a bird pooped on mine and Becky's arms...thank goodness for baby wipes.

Saturday we visited the San Antonio Temple. I have never been to one of the small temples. It was really amazing.


And the night before we left we went to a baseball game...that was fun too. I actually really enjoy watching baseball games...because unlike football I can totally understand what is going on. :)*And it helped that our team won!
We had a lot of fun. I am glad my dad and I went down. It was really good to spend some time with Ben and Becky and their boys before they take off for Germany for 3 years.(Hopefully I can visit them there too!)
I missed my husband and my kids while I was gone, but I am very glad I went...and very glad to be home out of the heat and humidity!
And it was really nice to come home to a clean house and a huge bouquet of flowers from my husband. :)










5 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun little vacation! :)
Man I am glad you had fun! I lived in Texas for 2 years and we never visited the Alamo and I always wanted to. I am glad you had fun!!
Hey!!! That's Becky Hoopes! I didn't know she was your sister-in-law!! I went to HS with her! That's crazy! I'm connected to you sooooo many ways! Small little world!
Hmm, Why did I think you already knew that? Yep...Becky is my SIL. She is so funny.
Looks like fun! Loved the pics!
Post a Comment