Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camping

Josh had to go up to boy scout camp this week, and last minute I decided that I wanted to go with him...just for 2-3 days. I didn't have to twist his arm too hard since he had already invited us to come along if we wanted. New Fork is somewhere in Wyoming. Don't ask me where. All I know is that it's far, and really fun.

It was the first time using our new trailer! Yay! It was a lot of fun. Josh got to leave the boys and come stay with us since they had extra leaders and it was the weekend, when they don't have anything going on really.
Here are the girls on a big rock. There are tons of huge boulders at New Fork.
(This one is actually quite small) They had a lot of fun climbing all over the big rocks.
The boys camp provides an LDS church service on Sunday mornings. The chapel is in the forest in the trees, and overlooks the beautiful lake. They pass the sacrament out of hand made wooden trays with crazy shaped wooden handles, sing out of the old LDS hymn books, and have one talk. Then church is over. It only lasts about 30 min. Perfect!
(especially when you have toddlers.)
It really is the greatest and most peaceful church service ever!
Above is a pic of the girls standing at the front of the church. That is the view looking out over the church.
Here is the chapel in the woods.


Eating breakfast in the trailer

They weren't too fond of hiking all over with me until I got them walking sticks.
Me and the Girls

Tessa learned how to make silly faces up there...from her Mother! What a bad example I am.
Josh and the Girls
Cute little Maggs
The lake and mountains
We spent an afternoon at the lake, being lazy, and throwing rocks in. It was a lot of fun...my favorite part actually. Lazy peaceful afternoons with my family are my favorite anyway, but at a beautiful lake just made it that much better.


Look at my buff little chica! That is a big rock for a little girl to throw!!
Edgar learned how to swim...ok, I am sure he was born with the instinct in tact, but it was awesome to see him swim for the first time. Last week at a different family camp out we were joking about throwing him into the stream to see if he could swim. Well, he can. And I didn't have to throw him in. I threw a stick and he went after it! What a good boy!!!
We had a really great time. I was sad to leave.

I should also say that June 24th, just before we went to camp, Edgar had a birthday! He turned one year old! He is such an awesome dog, and we love him. He is naughty! But awesome. Happy Birthday to Edgar! We love you buddy!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

FUN!!!!! I'm glad to see your broke the trailer in! Can't wait to see you guys again!! Hopefully soon!

Kami said...

Looks like you had fun! :) Love your camper!

Tom and Juli said...

How fun!! I miss camping since I haven't been for so long. You're brave to go with kids (I'm sure the camping trailer helps though).