Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Maggie's 3rd Birthday!

Maggie turned 3 today. I can't believe she is 3! It really does seem like she was just that tiny baby in an incubator in the NICU...how grateful I am she isn't anymore though. :)
She is now a beautiful and happy little 3 year old!
(I have two of them now!)
Maggie requested a pink castle cake for her birthday. I actually wanted to make her a barbie mermaid cake but she wanted this one! It looked harder, but in the end it turned out ok and she loved it!
(Wouldn't you if you were a 3 year old little girl!)


Maggie had a party at our house tonight. She has been talking about her party for WEEKS, and it finally arrived. She was so excited! The whole day she was just hyper and happy, and talking a mile a minute about every detail.

(Which if you know Maggie you know that is quite something! She talks really slow in her deep little voice!)
Here are some of the cousins.
We BBQ-ed hamburgers and hot dogs. Yum. Maggie loves anything to go with her dip.
(ketchup-it's one of the four food groups to Maggie.)
Then she opened presents. She sat down to open them and said softly to herself,

"It's my birthday!"

I think she needed a reminder that these presents were for HER!

And of course, as tradition goes-there was singing, and some candles.


Happy Birthday to my Sweet Little Maggs!

2 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

Wish we could have been there. Hope the clothes fit! I thought the bigger bottoms looked too big. I think that we are coming up later on Sunday. I can bring them back down and change the sizes if you need me too.

Sara said...

The cake looks great! It looks like she had a great birthday!