We're building a fence. I say WE because I am the project supervisor. :)I am very excited. This will solve SEVERAL problems at our house.
For starters, Edgar can't be let out the back because he gets tangled up on the deck-to the point where he can't go up or down. Poor little guy. We have to tether him out the front, and he still gets tangled up, but not as bad. With a fence I will be able to open the door, and leave it at that!
He is a run away-so he can't just be let out. Plus I don't want to loose another dog to a vehicle.
Secondly-I have some other little escapee's that know how to open doors-even locked ones. There have been a few times where I have looked outside to see my kids out there barefoot or in their pj's. I am scared one of these times they will go to the school and end up in a classroom after recess.I watch my kids. But hey...even a mother needs to go potty sometime!!
So anyway, Josh and my dad worked REALLY hard on Saturday to get the holes dug, and the posts set in cement. They got that all done! Today (Monday) Josh has been working on the railings, and has that all done. Now we are just hoping for some good weather to get the slats up, and stained. :) Then of course "we" (meaning Josh only) will need to build the doors. Then it will be done! Stay tuned for that post in the near (hopefully near) future.

3 comments:
So exciting! You will love having a fence! Can't wait for you. Also, tell Josh we found Chicks Er Somthin' Jim and I watched it and laughed. Next time we get together we need to watch it. Hilarious!
The fence is moving right along....oh, and thanks again for the very nice Mother's Days gifts! xoxox
That will be so nice to have a fence!! I love our fence. I don't know what I'll do if we end up at a house w/ no fence.
Post a Comment