Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How to make Hollyhock Dolls:

You will need:
-Hollyhock flowers
-Hollyhock buds
-toothpicks


Step One: Harvest Hollyhocks
-Find some hollyhocks that no one is using. :)

-Pick the prettiest one.

Step Two: Assemble Hollyhock Dolls
-Attach the bud to the stem of the flower with a toothpick for the head.
-Brake a toothpick in half, and insert the pointy ends into the flower to make arms.
-Inside the flower, place 3 toothpicks to form a tripod to help the doll stand up.
Step Three: PLAY!


Disclaimer: I am not responsible for poked eyes from toothpicks, or eaten flowers. Watch your kids! :)

4 comments:

Kami said...

So cute!

Mel & Annette said...

I always made hollyhock dolls when I was a young. I talked about it once in a Relief Society lesson and no one at all knew what I was talking about....crazy, huh?

Necha said...

Yes, that is crazy. I made them all the time as a kid too! I would have thought all little girls did it, but maybe not?!

Jennilyn Proulx said...

SOOOOOOOOO adorable!! I've never heard of them before! Thanks for sharing! Now I know what Annette talks about on occasion! :)